Nutrition and Food Services Research
Nutrition and Food Services (NFS) supports the mission, vision and values of the RQHR.
The department of Nutrition and Food Services conducts quality improvement and practice-based research projects aimed at improving nutrition care and services for clients in the Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region. We participate in local, national and international research projects.
- More 2 Eat project
- Nutrition care pathway for hospitalized older adults: Content validation and feasibility testing
- Validation of the Fenton Preterm Growth Chart
- Nutrition Care in Canadian Hospitals
- Usefulness of Mealtime Management video
- Use of oral nutrition supplements in long term care facilities. Can J Diet Pract Res 2009:70:194-19
- Staff Perceptions, Attitudes and Beliefs of Food Available in Hospital-Leader-post Article: Soggy Jell-o and burned peas? Hospital food might not be as bad as we think.
- Client satisfaction of gestational diabetes mellitus education program provided by the Metabolic and Diabetes Education Centre: Is postpartum follow-up desired?
The Dietitians of the RQHR translate nutrition knowledge and research into patient education, tools and resources for healthcare professionals. Two resources developed for dietitians are:
- Dietitian Handbook (Copyright 2015) Dietitian Handbook (Order form)
- Long Term Care Video (Copyright 2014) Mealtime Management