Surgical Site Infections
After your surgery, if you experience any of the symptoms below, call your doctor or healthcare provider.
- Increased redness, pain, and drainage at the surgery site
- Chills and fever (temperature higher than 38 C or 100.4 F)
- Redness or pain in your lower legs, even with resting
- Swelling of the legs, ankles or feet
- Skin changes in the leg, such as discolouration, thickening or warmth in the legs
- Discomfort, heaviness, pain, aching, throbbing, itching, or warmth in the legs
- Pain in your chest, difficulty breathing, or shortness of breath.
- Coughing up blood
- Rapid or irregular heart rate