Driver Assessment Program (DAP)
Driving provides individuals with mobility, freedom and independence. It is both a responsibility and a privilege.
Unfortunately, as we go through life, illness, injury or other health related changes may affect our ability to drive safely. These changes may be physical or may affect vision or thinking.
Who are we?
The Driver Assessment Program (DAP) includes an in-clinic assessment and an on-road evaluation. It will examine the skills you need to safely operate a motor vehicle.
An assessment will help to answer the questions:
- Do you think you are safe to drive?
- Has your ability to drive changed?
All drivers are required by law to report to SGI any significant changes in their health that may affect their ability to operate a motor vehicle safely.
The Driver Assessment Program is located at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre, 2180-23rd Avenue, Regina, Sask.
|Hours of operation:||8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday|
Who should be evaluated?
You should be evaluated if:
- you have a health related concern that might affect your ability to drive safely;
- typical medical conditions may include: acquired brain injury, stroke, Parkinson's disease, and Alzheimer's disease;
- you may be a new or experienced driver;
- for class 5 or 7 licence only - this program is not available to commercial licence holders.
How to access the Driver Assessment Program:
- You may refer yourself to the program, or someone else may refer you (example: family, physician, therapist, SGI or other 3rd party agencies such as WCB.
- Once we have received the referral we will contact you for additional information.
- Click here to download a copy of the referral form.
- There is a fee for this service.