Saskatchewan South Acquired Brain Injury Outreach Team
Who are We?
The Provincial Acquired Brain Injury Outreach Support Program is part of a comprehensive strategy managed by Saskatchewan Health and funded by Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI).
Each outreach team consists of a variety of rehabilitation professionals experienced in the field of acquired brain injury. Outreach teams are located in north, south and central Saskatchewan.
The Saskatchewan South ABI Outreach Team is located at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre, 2180 23rd Avenue, Regina, Sask.
|Hours of operation:||8:00 - 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday|
- Applicant must have a diagnosis of moderate/severe brain injury and be medically stable (persons with a congenital brain injury or one that is a result of a progressive condition will not be considered)
- Priority will be given to applicants whose injuries have occurred in the past three years.
- Applicants must be free of active substance abuse and/or be currently involved in a treatment program.
- Applicants with a primary psychiatric diagnosis must have symptoms well managed.
- Applicants must be residents of Saskatchewan or be eligible for Saskatchewan Health coverage.
- Community agencies, caregivers, employers, families and schools who require resources and support may also access services.
- To make the most of a person's abilities
- To be a link between hospital and community
- To work with communities to adapt their existing services to meet the needs of the person with an acquired brain injury
- To work with families and caregivers to maintain their own health and quality of life.
- To educate clients, family members, and the community about ABI issues
- To be an ongoing contact for support, follow-up, evaluation and education.
To access services:
The team accepts self-referrals as well as those from health care facilities, physicians, any rehabilitation programs or professional support services, schools or community agencies. Referrals to the Saskatchewan South ABI Outreach Team should be directed to (306) 766-5617.
There is no fee for service.