Primary Health Care
Home / Programs and Services / Primary Health Care
Primary Health Care is the everyday support for individuals and communities to better manage their own health.
The Regina area of the Saskatchewan Health Authority (formerly Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region) commitment is to provide coordinated health services that are client centred, community designed and team delivered.
Primary Health Care:
- recognizes the relationship between physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being;
- includes a wide range of coordinated services including prevention, health promotion, treatment and rehabilitation;
- is provided using a team approach;
- includes better management and follow-up once a health problem has occurred;
- involves preventing and effectively managing chronic conditions;
- involves linking with agencies and organizations to address other factors that influence health (like housing, education, employment, income, social
- involves working together with community members and service providers to plan and develop services.
Primary Health Care is delivered across the former Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region and is accessible to all residents.
If you would like more information regarding Primary Health Care in the RQHR, please contact us.
4211 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4S 3R6
Chronic Disease ProgramsCommunicable DiseasesEagle MoonEmergency Care in HospitalEMSEnvironmental HealthHealthLine 811Health PromotionHome Care ServicesImmunizationMidwiferyMental Health and Addiction ServicesPalliative CarePHC Assessors and Coordinators (formerly SWADD)Population and Public HealthPublic Health NursingRegina Primary Health Care SiteRural Primary Health Care SitesSeniors House CallsTravel Health